Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My husband:

Yesterday marked the hottest day in L.A.'s recorded history: 113 degrees!

In Whittier, it was 111 degrees, but Sean was thankfully ensconced in Biola's air conditioned library and didn't melt or anything like that.

Lucky for me, I was in Manhattan Beach working for the day, and although it was in the mid 90's there, we still had the benefit of a lovely ocean breeze, which made the high temperatures more bearable.

I worked late last night, and didn't leave the Costa's house until 9:45. Sean called me when I was almost home and asked me if I wanted him to meet me outside, so I said sure, but when I pulled up, he was nowhere to be seen. I was a little annoyed--thinking to myself, "Well, you shouldn't have offered if you were just going to forget..." Then all of the sudden, a man wearing only a t-shirt and boxers and carrying a cup of water steps out from the shadows of our neighbor's yard and says, "Would you care for something cool to drink?" Thankfully, that man was my husband or I would've been enormously frightened. At the same time, I'm not sure how thankful I am that my husband is prancing around in his underwear in our neighbor's yard in the dark of night. Hmmm. Well, one thing is certain: Life with Sean is never boring! (And for that I am thankful!)

1 comment: