Friday, December 17, 2010

WARDROBE MALFUNCTION!

Tonight after work I picked my husband up from Biola's graduation ceremony and I was HORRIFIED to discover that Sean wore his Dharma Initiative LOST T-shirt, his ratty old GYM SHORTS that he wears everywhere, gray socks and FLIP-FLOPS! I expressed my utter mortification over his fashion faux pas and what does he say in an attempt to comfort me? "But I didn't put the socks on until AFTER I sat down."

Oh, that makes me feel SO much better!

So I say, "Sean, you couldn't manage to put on a pair of jeans for your friend's graduation ceremony?" "Care, these are my favorite pants!" "Yeah, and my hot pink pajama pants are my favorite pants, but you don't see me wearing them to class, church, formal events, etc." He replies, "But my shorts aren't PJ's, and I already destroyed one pair of shorts for you!"

And this is true. A few months after we started dating, I broke the news to Sean that his somewhat tight-fitting denim shorts with (I am not kidding you) GOLD STITCHED PLEATS UP AND DOWN THE LEGS AND AROUND THE CROTCH were the worst shorts that ever existed in the entire world. Sean didn't believe me at first, but after I managed to convince him that he should really never wear those shorts in public again, he ripped them into rags and then tossed them from the window of his third floor dorm room.

Good riddance.

And whenever I remember those pleated jean shorts, I start to think that the grungy old gym shorts aren't THAT bad.

P.S. I just read Sean this blog, and he's now laying on our bed reflecting over those ill-fated denim shorts..."I thought those shorts were cool...but then they got a little small."

No comments:

Post a Comment