Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just Registered!

It's so hard to make time to write. Right now I just want to go home, read, take a shower, and sleep for a really long time. I've been at Sean's apartment, working on my resume for most of the evening. I really dislike working on a resume, or should I say, trying to sum up my entire self on a sheet of paper...And even that wouldn't be too hard, except for the fact that the sheet of paper must be perfectly formatted with no grammatical or stylistic errors. There's a career expo at Biola tomorrow, so Sean and I are going to wander around with our resumes in hand, eagerly looking for jobs.

I feel utterly overwhelmed by everything I have to do between now and June 26th. I really hope our wedding is out of this world amazing, otherwise I will be furious that we did not just elope. I have never so many decisions to make in my entire life! I have also never had so many people calling and asking me what they should wear. I am probably in charge of picking out or approving of outfits for at least 30 people on my wedding day.

I really should be more relaxed than this, considering that Sean and I spent the weekend at his house, and I took at least three bubble baths a day. We also registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, which was not as awful an experience as I expected, but wasn't exactly great fun either. We registered for five pages of stuff. Then we asked the lady how much most people register for. She rolled her eyes and said she's printed off registries at least fifty-six pages long...that's fifty one pages longer than ours, which made me feel a lot better...I sure felt like a moronic materialist monster wandering around the store and zapping anything I wanted with my scan gun, so that other people can buy it for me. Sean's mantra for the excursion was, "I will not sell out." This enabled him to resist the inevitable temptation of registering for things we absolutely do not need, and it helped us keep a levelheaded approach to the somewhat heady, mind-altering experience of being let loose in a store to pick out whatever your heart desires. By far the most expensive thing for which we registered was the tangerine colored Kitchenaid Mixer, weighing in at a hefty $300, but that was also just about the only thing I wanted. Why? Because I know I will use it. Because I know it will last. And because my childhood development can be measured by my growing ability to engage my own mother's Kitchenaid Mixer. Suffice it to say, the sturdy Kitchenaid mixer is an uncompromisable domestic asset which I really do feel my kitchen (and my life!) would be incomplete without. Other than the Kitchenaid mixer, the only other thing I got really excited about was towels...This is also due to my childhood, but in the reverse manner--meaning that growing up we never had enough towels for our burgeoning family, and I have made it my mission to have a plentiful amount of large, fluffy towels in my future home...even if I have very little else. So, from the way it's looking, Sean and I will be setting up house with plenty of books, towels, and of course, love. What more could we ask for?

3 comments:

  1. Is that why you always seemed to have more towels than the average college student? That was one of the many things I loved about being your friend, since I brought like 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so! I definitely own about 4 or 5 towels right now, and I'm greedy for more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kitchen Aid was the thing I most wanted, too. It makes you feel so housewifey. And I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete