Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fluffy-Face

There's the most adorable little shih-tzu puppy at our local pet store. Sean and I like to stop by there occasionally and visit the dogs and dream about one day having our own pet. We've both fallen in love with the shih-tzu pup we call Fluffy-Face. His face--which is always smushed against the glass of his tiny cage--is so covered with hair that the only thing peeking out is a little black, wet nose.

Yesterday they unlocked the cage and let us pet him. He got so overly excited about his cage opening, and us petting him that he was almost frantic with joy. The image I had to leave with was little Fluffy-face pawing at the glass as we walked away.

Although Sean loves Fluffy-Face just as much as I do, he has to remind me that we cannot afford the upkeep of a dog right now. In my head, I know he is right. But I'm overwhelmed by this deep, primal urge to have something small and helpless and cuddly to care for and lavish my love upon.

Tonight, during our family prayers, we prayed for Fluffy-Face, and all the animals at Pet City, to find loving, happy homes. I just wish Fluffy-Face's home could be with us.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, Carolyn, I understand that! I have wanted a dog ever since I moved away from home (where we always had 2 or 3 dogs). We don't have the space for one right now - both Gabe and I want a BIG dog! - but sometimes I see them and want to throw caution to the wind and just take them home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn Grace, Now you know why Cayla loves Junjie so much!!!! I love you, Daddy

    ReplyDelete