Thursday, April 8, 2010

!!!

I'm back in the swing of things here in California! Well, mostly. I stopped by Stater Bros. on the way to work today to pick up some groceries. I picked out all my favorites: French bread, pepper jack cheese, edamame, cinnamon gum...and then I got up to the cashier to pay, and I didn't have my wallet. Lame! I was so sad, I had to leave before the cashier could see the tears in my eyes.

It's great to be back with Claire and Nicholas--I kissed Nicholas about 300 times just to make up for all the kisses I missed while I was gone. Claire and I played outside with her new watering cans and the hose. I got really into it--I pretended the dry parts of the lawn were countries who had never heard the word of God, and that the water was the Good News. So I kept filling up my watering can from the barely trickling hose and shouting, "Bring the Gospel to the nations, Claire!! Bring the Gospel!" Poor child.

Lauren, Adria, and I met up at the Fullerton Farmer's Market today, and bought all kinds of lovely flowers and vegetables and fruits. (And I ate so many of the avocado samples that I thought they were going to kick me out of the market.) The corn on the cob there is SO good, especially doused in lime juice. Amidst the heaps of cauliflower, bell peppers, Persian cucumbers, green beans and strawberries, Adria declared that if she ever gets married she is going to carry a bouquet of vegetables.

We bought flat bread, hummus, green beans, potatoes, strawberries, and renunculus (sp?) and took them back to Adria's apartment for a dinner party!

I love my life, especially this day. But I do want a couple things:

1. Sean to get home from Hawaii.

2. Sleep because I am working for 12 hours tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment