Thursday, April 15, 2010

Confessions:

I live in a house that is over one hundred years old. At night, when everyone else is sleeping and I run water to brush my teeth, I can hear the old pipes creaking and rumbling. It took me a long time to realize that the noises I was hearing were the pipes. But now, I pretend that there's a basilisk in my pipes, and it makes me really happy at 1:00 o'clock in the morning to imagine a mythical creature living in my house's pipes. It brings me that much closer to Harry Potter. It makes my life feel a lot more exciting. I'm glad that at 23 my imagination is still running smoothly!

1 comment:

  1. There is one bathroom in Jenks (our library) that reminds me so much of the bathroom where Moaning Myrtle lives. So I've just given in and in my mind I believe that it's true. She DOES live there, in the back stall next to the wall. I can't believe I forgot to show it to you!

    ReplyDelete